Posted in Romany (Gypsy) Bands by Dusan Ristic
Nicolae Guta (full name Nicolae Lingurar) was born in Aninoasa, Hunedoara, Romania and he is one of the most famous Romanian “Manele” singers.
Biography and Career :
Nicolae Guta started to work for “CFR Romania – Petrosani” (The Romanian Train Transport Association) in a gipsy team workers, until all of them got fired.
He says they used to work hard with their hands because the gipsies from Romania don’t go to school too often… they have “the school of life”.
After his first job he worked for “Regia Apelor Petrosani” for 8 years. One of his partners helped him to get a high ranked and qualified position there.
Before making music Nicolae Guta used to work 8 hours a day but he didn’t like the job. Making music and singing to parties and weddings takes him a lot of time but this is the think he loves and he does with passion.
Immediately after 1989 when the Communism Empire disappeared Nicolae Guta started to sing party music which is called in Romania “Manele”.
His debut was in Timisoara’s restaurants and short time after he became the “King of Manele Music”
“Manele music” got more fans outside Romania and nowadays there are a lot of musicians that changed their styles to “Manele” because they are commercial.
- He’s got one brother named Samir, known for his Old-Iron Business in Romania
- Both of them have built big houses in Iscroni, Romania.
- Nicolae Guta was named “Tha King of Manele” in 2005 and his friend Adrian Copilul Minune “Adrian the Wonder Boy” was named “The Emperor of Manele“.
- The King of Manele has 2 daughters and 2 sons.
- Nicolae Guta has over 50 Manele Music Albums.
Nicolae Guta official website http://www.nicolaeguta.ro/
- May God Grant Me Better Enemies-Nicolae Guța: Esteemed Listener – Part III
- May God Grant Me Better Enemies: Nicolae Guța, The Gypsy and the National in Post-Communist
A Railroad Worker from Petroşani Reshapes the Universe
- May God Grant Me Better Enemies-Nicolae Guța: The Missing Link – Part II
- Italian girl’s rape claim sparks arson attack on Gypsy camp – The Guardian
- Bailiffs shut down Gypsy camp in central England – The Voice of Russia
1 Comment to ““The Greatest Living Gypsy Voice – the claim can stick”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Workshop dates for 2013
Original author of the song is Dusko Petrovic. Dusko Petrovic wrote, compose and song for the very first time Cororo at 1969. Here is the sample sing by Romanian Roma singer Nicolae Guta